Friday, October 07, 2005

Week #2 as of now

I had my discussion with my worship pastor and it went really well. We talked about how he prepares for the gathering and what that all entails. It was very interesting to see how intentional everything that he does really is and how he puts things together. I was very interested and i am going to go back and have some more conversation about his gathering service setup. other than that things have been going very well and i am excited about this practicum and the things i will learn

2 Comments:

Blogger Roberta Tupper said...

hey-

its nice to see how everything works together and to see how much time worship pastors take in preparing a service isn't it? My father is the worship pastor at my church back home, and I was amazed when I finally realized all of the preperation that went in. Sounds like you're on the right track. Kepp up the good work.

Roberta Tupper

2:36 PM  
Blogger Ben Robinson said...

Good to hear that your practicum is taking off. Intetionality is a good charactersitic to have as a person planning worship services. It seems to me that when we haphazardly organize a service the result is dangerous. I think we forget, sometimes, that God is not going to spontaneously generate a worship service for us; He expects us to put effort and time into planning. What is it specifically that your worship pastor does that is so intentional? Is it the songs he picks, the genre of music he chooses, etc? Hope all goes well for you and I look forward to hearing more about your experience.
-Ben Robinson

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home